Lakelands FC – Safer Return to Training/Matches Covid-19 Protocols
Updated 3rd September 2020
This document is designed to update parents/guardians on the latest Lakelands FC safer return to training protocols with the easing of Covid-19 restrictions. These protocols have been developed based on the latest guidance from the FAI and HSE.
Some Lakelands teams have been back training in Tiernan’s and playing matches over the past 2 months. With the imminent return to training in Benildus & the resumption of the leagues, our Covid protocols have been updated to reflect latest guidance
All parents/guardians (and players 18+) are required to fully familiarise themselves with the contents of this document prior to the commencement of first training session.
To Do Now
All parents/guardians are asked to action the following items before your son/daughter’s first training session :-
1) – Familiarise yourself with the latest FAI Safer Return to Training Protocols (https://www.fai.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/FAI%20Updated%20Return%20to%20Training%20Protocol%202nd%20Edition.pdf)
2) – Be aware of the latest Covid-19 Guidelines from the HSE (www.hse.ie)
3) – Please watch out for social media posts, emails and WhatsApp messages in the coming days and weeks for more information about training / matches and any Covid-19 protocols updates
Principal points for Training / Matches
- All training sessions will last for 50 minutes with a gap of 15 minutes between each session (your coach will advise you of start & finish times)
- In advance of each training session/match your coach will send you a message requesting you to acknowledge your acceptance / understanding of the latest guidelines and that your child is safe to attend the session
- Your child must bring their own water bottle (with their name on it), shin pads etc as well as their own hand sanitizer
- Each child and coaches name will be recorded for contact tracing purposes
- Parents/Guardians must not remain at the training venue
- One parent / guardian per child is allowed to attend each match/training subject to social distancing being maintained. No other spectators are allowed for training or matches
- The wearing of face masks by parents / guardians is recommended
Benildus Training – Protocols
(Note those attending training at Stepaside will receive separate protocols in due course)
All training in Benildus will be on Pitch 2 (with the exception of Fridays when both pitches may be in use)
- Underage players must be dropped off by a member of the same household or can arrive at Benildus alone (if age appropriate)
- Adult players must arrive at training venue alone or be dropped off by a member of the same household
- One parent / guardian per child is allowed to attend training subject to social distancing being maintained. No other spectators are allowed for training or matches
- Parents/Guardians may remain in their cars in the Car Park at Benildus – subject to social distancing. The wearing of face masks is recommended
- A strict access & regress will be adopted for the pitches at Benildus as per the following map
- Coaches will escort players in a single group away from training venue, once all equipment has been cleared away
As the safety of our players, coaches and volunteers is our paramount concern, we trust you will understand the reasons for the introduction of these protocols. We always appreciate your compliance with these.
Please also note this is a living document and guidelines may change over coming weeks. We will advise you accordingly if/when they do.
We look forward to welcoming you and you children back at training in the coming weeks.
In the meantime , should you have any queries in relation to these protocols please email email@example.com or contact your coach .